What I believe:
The first thing that comes to mind is the Apostle's Creed we used to read in church out of the United Methodist Hymnal:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;*
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of the Father Almighty.
from thence he shall come again to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic** Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
I believe in Jesus Christ. That he died on the cross for my sins, so that I may live forever in Heaven. "For the wages of Sin is death" He paid for my sins when he died for me. So therefore, I am forgiven.
I also believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. I'm a nice person and I like to belive everyone is a nice person, or has the potential to be a nice person. I know there are evil people in the world, I'm not saying there isn't. But I believe that everyone deserves a second chance, and the opportunity to do good.
I believe there is ALWAYS something good in something bad. Period. Sometimes it takes time to find it. But it is.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment